Sunday, March 18, 2012

No More Dodging

So even though most Health care providers recommend you get a Pap Smear after you turn 18, I have been dodging it for 3 years now.  After an extremely difficult period where I just wanted to curl up into a little ball and cry, I finally broke down and called my granny and had her schedule the appointment.  Aren't I mature!  So in a few days I have to put up with the terrible uncomfortableness that I hear pap smears are but maybe I can find out if there is anything wrong and I might be put on Birth Control to regulate those monthly visitors.

Do I really need to say that I am nervous?  Its not going to be my favorite thing of next week but I know that it won't be as terrible as I make it in my mind.

Why am I posting this out here?  Well I think there is a lot of shame in women's bodies and I think that should change.  I also like the idea of posting about a fear and the conquering of that fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment